Sunday, April 15, 2007

Left, Right, Repeat...

Well it is nice to say that I am running again!! I have a whole 5 miles on my new tenny-rubbers!! I have to say those things are the bomb.com! I highly recommend everyone get fitted for shoes BEFORE beginning a running regimen. I think Chris is going to get a new pair of shoes pretty soon now too. Getting back into the swing of things is going okay...man it is tough starting over from scratch! I am doing better than I did when I originally started running in October, but I have a long way to go to get back to where I was 'pre-injury'. Tonight Chris and I ran 3 miles (nice, slow 5 & 1's; time:36:20) I am much more conscious of my body now; I am much more serious about stretching and slowing down if I need to. We had a hard time just 'running for the sake of running' last week; so, we are going to start the 1/2 marathon training over again. Tomorrow we will start with 'week 3'. This will give us a tangible schedule to work with. If we want to repeat weeks or adjust the long run mileage we can!
We are currently working on a race schedule for the year: 5K's, 10K's, and a 1/2 or two in the fall! Any ideas or interesting races anyone has in mind let us know!
2007 is looking to be a grrrreeeaat race year for the Allisonkrewe team!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Let us know what races you choose!