Monday, October 08, 2007

Love Lost: Fried Food

David and I agree: Fried foods just don't have the appeal they once did.

After our 8 mile run with Ashley at White Rock Lake Sunday morning, we spent the afternoon at the State Fair of Texas, the Fried Food Capital of the World. Since I update their Web site year-round, I get free parking and admission to the Fair. We thought that sampling the fried goodies at the Fair would be a fun outing after a nice, long run.

Okay, so it was fun. But the fried foods were just disappointing. Everything seemed so...bland. The corny dogs. The fried cookie dough. I enjoyed the fried guacamole (although my stomach didn't), but no more than I enjoy a good bowl of veggie stirfry and steamed rice. I decided that rather than a fried snickers, I would be happier with a melted snickers and a spoon.

I think maybe all the running and biking and climbing and swimming and rollerblading and weight lifting and other activities we do, plus the healthy diet we follow, has made us not like the foods of the deep-fried variety quite as much as we once did...

I still haven't lost my love for pizza and chocolate ice cream, though, so don't you worry.

No comments: