Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Supa-sta!


Well, it's been a while since David or I have posted, so I thought I'd make an update.

I helped host the pledge drive on KERA (our local PBS station) last week during "Celtic Woman: The Greatest Journey." (Pic at right, in front of the call bank) This is my third time hosting, my second during a live show, and I really enjoy it. Basically, you just read off a teleprompter, trying to coerce people into calling in and becoming members of KERA. It's a lot of fun, though, and you get to meet a lot of interesting people.

In other news, I had my audition for "Kiss Me, Kate" at Rockwall Community Playhouse on Saturday, then was called back to read for the part I wanted on Sunday. Unfortunately, though, I was not cast...I was offered a part in the chorus and decided to decline, mostly because David misses me too much during all the rehearsals required by RCP shows, and a chorus part wasn't worth it for the time away from him.

I do have plans to audition for a few other things in the near future, and will keep you posted.

No comments: