Sunday, September 07, 2008

Blast from the past

One of my best friends from college and former roommates, Renee, came
to visit randomly this weekend. She just wrapped up PT school and
hasn't started the job she took in Brookhaven, Miss. yet, so she
decided to come visit us in Dallas. It had been over a year since we
had seen each other and over two years since we got to really talk.
It was great. There is really something to be said for having good
friends like that, with a history. So many things about who you are
and where you came from are just understood, even after years apart.
I was surprised to find that the comfortable, easy friendship was
still there after so much time had passed.

She got to spend time with some other Dallas area friends, too, and
met my new circle of friends here, who were so welcoming and friendly,
it reminded me why I love them so much.

No comments: