Sunday, September 07, 2008

Defeated by that North Texas sun...

Our run today did not go quite as planned you could say. It started
out great: running down 549 in a crisp 70 degrees with a nice breeze
and plenty of water and tunes.

Things were still going well around mile 10, then the water started
getting low as the sun got higher and brighter and hotter. We stopped
at Cane Middle School, refilled and caught a bit of shade for several
minutes.

Back on our way I started to feel cramps building up in my calf
muscles. "Uh-oh," I started to think, "that's what happened last
time." 2 miles later I couldn't run any more and even walking hurt. I
tried cooling down and working through it, but to no avail.

I can't say it was my proudest moment, but I got Lauren to run the
rest of the way home to get the car. Ick.

Oh well. Big improvement over last time. We're skipping next week's
run to hang out in Denver and I'm looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: