Monday, December 01, 2008

Home

I finally made it back to Dallas, after several delays in the Newark airport. I pulled up in my driveway around 3:00 AM last night. Luckily, I had slept pretty heavily through most of the flight (no one sat next to me, which really helped!) I still have only seen David sleeping, except when I was half asleep and he kissed me goodbye this morning. So I'm looking forward to some one-on-one time at home tonight with my hubby and puppies, away from all the hubbub of the last few days!

New York is a wonderful place, so culturally diverse and with a million things to do. I can see why Amanda is just loving it. Part of me is jealous; I would love to live the "New York" lifestyle of bustling about, not owning a car, having access to anything you would ever want and just being part of such an amazing city. But part of me is also glad that I can go to the store and just load the groceries in the trunk of my car and drive home, and that if I want green space, all I have to do is walk out my back door.

It's good to be home.

No comments: