Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bump in the Road

Well I have a little bad news. It turns out that my leg was more than 'just sore' from the 8-mile run. I actually have a severe strain in the anterior muscles of my leg, and I have been pretty much unable to bear weight on my right leg for over the past week. I rested last week hoping that would be enough, but it still hasn’t improved. This week I have come up with an exercise plan to keep me moving and keep my cardiovascular fitness up while I let this heal. I will be swimming everyday and hope to add some elliptical work in by the end of the week. This is extremely frustrating, but I am refusing to give up! The worst part of the whole situation is that I had no warning! I never had any problems before: no soreness, no pain and then all of the sudden this happened. I am really hoping to be back on the track next week. I will keep you updated on the progress.
Sincerely,
Frustrated and Gimpy in College Station

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh Cass, I'm so sorry! Running injuries suck like that, they just sneak up on you... The swimming is the absolute best thing you could be doing right now. It works all the right muscle groups without all the pounding running does on your legs. Don't give up! Just keep working at it, and hopefully when you get healed up you can pick back up with no problems. But when you do start running again, be sure to get in the mileage but do it slower with more breaks and gradually build back up to where you were before. Get better soon!!!! We miss y'all!