Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Musings and worries

I absolutely love the new Nano. Nice large screen display, the little cover I got makes it easy to grip, it totes around 90% of my music, and the sound quality is even better. Plus, it's pink. Just makes it that much more lovable.

I ran 4.25 miles last night with it, and it went really well. David's foot started to hurt him, so he had to head back after 3/4 of a mile. I hope it's nothing serious; I've discouraged him from even using the "I" word for it, so for now, it's just a "twinge" or a "tiny pain." It only becomes an "I" word when it requires a doctor's visit, and I hope it doesn't come to that. The marathon is steadily approaching, so any little ache or pain that persists makes me nervous.

The great thing about running alone at night with my iPod is that, although I sufficiently freak myself out by listening to "Living Dead Girl" and running in the part of the neighborhood with fewer street lights, I run about 2 minutes/mile faster than I would with David, allowing me to get in some speed work. I've run alone twice in the past two weeks, and I had forgotten what my legs can do. It's empowering.

No comments: