Thursday, January 25, 2007

Breakthrough!

Tonight I had the best run of my life...that’s right, of every single run that I had ever made, tonight’s was the best. I jogged four miles without any stopping, or walking, etc... I just ran straight through the whole thing! I literally had a smile on my face the entire time!! We finished in 39:35; it was also the first time that I have ever run without looking at my watch one time. This run tonight made all of the misery from last week melt away. I am now more excited about running than I was on day 1. I pretty much played the cheesiest mind-game with myself the entire time, but hey it definitely worked. I imagined every bad thing in my life and everyone who has ever tried to hold me back, and I ran away from them. I looked forward to ever great thing that is in my life, and I ran toward them!! I just wanted to share that with everyone!!! Hope you have a great week and an even greater 8 mile run on Sunday (eek...that is just a tad scary!)

2 comments:

David said...

It's going to be reakin cold up here. I hope the run goes great for you guys! Glad to hear that you had a stupendous run.

Keep treckin.

Lauren said...

It's all one big mind game, and you've definitely got a great attitude. Keep it up! Think of the eight miles as a fun new experience. I know that the less I dread a run, and the more I look forward to it, the better it is.

Like David said, it's going to be WAY too cold here on Sunday, so hopefully that won't hinder our running at all.