Friday, January 19, 2007

Running Blues

Well Team, we have nearly completed week 8 of training!! This week has by far been the most difficult week that I have experienced thus far. I’m am not quite sure what it is...my schedule is all jumbled because school just started, I haven’t had the time to monitor my diet as carefully, and I am just feeling crappy about my progress. Two out of the three runs this week had me in tears and wanting to just quit. My three mile run times have been great the last couple of weeks, but this week I was barely able to finish them! Hopefully this is just a small bump in the road, and soon I will snap out of it. For the Sunday run, Chris and I have worked out a plan to keep it enjoyable: we are going to run 10-minute miles with a 1-minute break in between each mile. I think this will help me to tackle the long run with more confidence!! Oh yah, we each got a Clif shot thing so that we can try them out on Sunday. I’m pretty stoked about that!!!
Happy trails my friends!!!!

No comments: