Thursday, March 27, 2008

One day at a time

I went to the doc today and he took a look at my knee. He said things were looking good, and that I can start doing the stationary bike, pool running, and the elliptical, but to start slow. I won't be able to bike outside for at least another two weeks, and probably three weeks before I run, but hey, it's a start. I start physical therapy on Tuesday morning, which I'm excited about, since it means I'll be up and moving again. I still can't quite fully straighten or bend my knee, but I think it's just because of the swelling. I'm trying to remain optimistic; luckily, I have a husband who always is and keeps me on track. I'm worried a bit about starting dance rehearsals for Grease next week, but I don't start until Wednesday, a full two weeks after surgery, and I only have a couple of rehearsals learning songs before our first dance through, which will be three weeks after surgery. We'll see how I feel after the weekend, but if my progress continues at the same speed, I should be able to at least walk into my first blocking rehearsal on Monday limp-free. Cross your fingers.

No comments: