Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Recovery

The surgery went...okay. As well as surgery can go, I suppose. Once I managed to stop throwing up everything, it wasn't so bad. I haven't had much pain in my knee, and I've had plenty of meds to alleviate any pain that creeps up. I was on crutches for Wednesday and Thursday and part of the day on Friday. Now I've progressed to a faster hobble, but it still takes me a lot longer to get places. It hasn't even been a week yet, but I just can't help but be impatient and anxious to get moving again. I need to be at least walking without a limp within the week! I can bend my knee over 90 degrees now, and I'm very close to straightening it. I got on the stationary bike last night on the lowest setting and slowly pedaled to get the joint moving, which really helped. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

No comments: