Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Out for the count

I tried running on my knee again Sunday while Ashley and David were out for their 12-miler, just to make sure it was still hurt.

Yep, it's still hurt.

I made it a mile before I had any real pain. I took a short walk at the mile, then tried to pick it back up again. I only managed to make it the quarter mile back to my house, where I limped woefully to the back yard to do some other exercises that are not such a "pain-in-the-knee." Sit-ups? No problem. Push-ups? Bring 'em on. Burpees, jump ropes, pull-ups (or attempts at pull-ups?) Not even a twinge of pain. Yet the second I begin a running stride, I begin to feel my knee tighten. Of all the injuries I could get, it just had to be one that is only affected by the form of exercise I enjoy most.

So, it seems as though I will most likely be sitting this one out and cheering on David and Ashley from the sidelines. That is, assuming the two of them overcome their personal injuries.

Of course, something miraculous could happen at the doctor's office tomorrow when he reads my MRI. Then I can run the 20 this weekend and be set for 26.2 come April 6.

Cross your fingers, say a prayer, do some voo-doo. Mama needs a new knee.

No comments: