Friday, December 15, 2006

Day, by day, by day

Last night was another 2 mile run, but this one was unique because a) I was able to try out my new Nike+ipod; b) Jaspreet has joined the Rockwall branch of Allisonkrewe runners; and c) we actually weren't that tired afterward. The run was a good one, keeping a nice & easy pace. David and I even went an extra 1/4 mile, just because we could. The Nike+ipod is AWESOME, with the coolest feature by far being the way it measures distance. Now, we can just go out and run, away from the track, without having to plot a route, and still get in the distance for the day. Also, it connects with nikeplus.com and tracks all the info from your runs and lets you set goals and challenges for yourself. Absolutely the best birthday present ever (thanks, David!)

Tonight, the plan is to do another nice & easy run with Jaspreet, doing maybe 3 & 1's to help Jaspreet get back into the running groove after his back surgery-induced running hiatus. We'll all be racking up the miles in no time!

Speaking of racking up miles, something that always makes me feel good about myself is adding up my "mileage." For instance, in the past two weeks, I've already run 8 miles. After this weekend, the number will go up to 13. It's really nice, when you get up to the long distances, to look back at the last month or two and see the 100 miles you put on your shoes.

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

Yay for Jaspreet!! I love that there are regional branches of Team Allisonkrewe...I think we are going to take the world by storm!!!