Thursday, December 21, 2006

Stray dogs and record times don't mix!

Well I must say that at an earlier time (honestly not that long ago) I swore to myself that I would never be drug into a blog. Marriage changes everything doesn't it. Then I thought to myself, "Why not approach blogging like marathon training?" I will: short and steady at first but as time rolls on, all will see my improvement!

Some of you may be asking, "Why not mix stray dogs with record times?" some of you may even think that it sounds like a great idea. But to those who have convinced themselves that a kitchen aid can blend together any two ingredients I send you this experience.

On Tuesday, when running a record two mile time, I was unfortunate enough to catch sight of a dog of incredible Johnny Knoxville Intelligence running in the middle of the street. I checked with Cassidy for our time only to find out that we were running our record two mile place (sub 20 minutes!) I naively picked this dog up in my arms and attempted to continue on our run. Alas this was to no avail as this small wonder of God's blunder decided that he would rather run on his own. Long story short we finished our 20 minute bi-mile run in just under an hour...enough said.

P.S. The dog ran away from his protective shelter the next morning in an attempt to ruin another runner’s day.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow. Crazy dogs.

Sadie gave David a workout on Tuesday when she decided after our run that she hadn't had enough, so while we were talking to Jaspreet, she ran out the open apartment door faster than I have ever seen her run. She made it all the way back to the track and was trying to catch up with another runner when David, running barefoot, caught her. Our crazy puppy...