Monday, December 11, 2006

"He who moves not forward, goes backward”

Here is a little background info that will give everyone a little more insight on myself: I pretty much hate everything exercise and diet-related! I would say that I have attempted approximately 1,435,825 different workout routines only to have given up 1 week into training. Throughout the last few years I have definitely noticed a change in my motivation for exercise. When I was younger my only motivation was to be thinner. I really didn't care about anything else as long as I was burning more calories than I was taking in! As I have grown older, the underlying need for exercise has changed. For the first time in my life, I am running for my health! Not only my health but the health of my current and future family!!!
"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you got." -Janis Joplin

I have decided to run the 1/2 marathon to prove to myself that I am good enough!! Chris and I are currently in our third week of training, and I have to say I feel as excited as I did on Day 1. I do not always feel that way during the runs, but at the end of every workout, Chris and I give each other a huge high-five and we congratulate each other on a job well-done! That is what keeps me going!!!

Oh yeah, by the way Dave, since I stated you as an official member of the Allisonkrewe team in the inaugural post, you have to follow through. The only way to be removed from the team involves a violent gang of Italian mobsters waiting for you by your car after work one day!! Take your pick!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That's right, David. You gotta do it. Allisonkrewe is counting on you! Go team!