Friday, December 15, 2006

Week 3!!!!

We have completed two of the three weekday runs for week 3; we have another 2 mile run tonight, and then the 3-mile run on Sunday. I can one-up Dave's 3-mile run record...last week was the first time in my life I have every run over a mile without stopping for a walk-break. It was AMAZING! I am starting to finally get a taste of that feeling that I could go on forever. Mentally, I don't think that I could be any more prepared; I have learned to push on when it hurts, and overcome my feelings of inadequacy. Physically, I am growing stronger, but my body definitely lets me know when it has had enough. Last night I think we could have jogged the 2 miles without a walk-break, but Sophie's knee is still not back to 100% so we had to slow it down a little for her. We are going to have the 3 fittest pups in Texas!!!
I cannot wait to see everyone, and I hope that maybe we can squeeze in a group run when we are together for Christmas!!! Good Luck finishing off week 3!
Oh yah, Lauren I can't wait to see how the Nike-ipod thing works...I have heard it's pretty cool!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

The hardest thing when you first start running is realizing the difference between your body's limitations and your mind being a wimp. You have to learn when you can keep going, and when it's best to stop. Now that you've gotten that under control, there's no stopping you!

Oh, and I'm sure we'll find a time to squeeze in a run somewhere over Christmas.